Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First Day of Grad School!

Today is my first day of class as a grad student at the UConn TCPCG Program!  It's going well so far- the positives are that there was no traffic to get here, it's a beautiful day out, and I just had a relaxing long weekend for Memorial Day, I got to sleep in because class didn't start until 2:00, and class is only 4 hours today instead of the usual 6! The big negative is that there is no AC in this classroom.  I feel much more relieved about this class but am still nervous about my other classes and this entire summer.  7 classes in one summer is so daunting and I'm just wondering if I'm ever going to have any free time to enjoy myself or time to go to the beach.  I feel like I'm not going to have any summer vacation and I haven't even completely recuperated from my final semester as an undergrad and my monster thesis I wrote.  Oh well, it's all for a purpose and I will be so glad in 1 years time when I have my Master's and can finally get a job as a teacher!

As you can see, in class today I am learning new things about technology (as I am starting this blog for class). I learned how to create a form in google docs and I  learned several helpful hints from the professor and some of the other students on how to use this silly Macbook! (I was wondering how ctrl+c ctrl+v worked on a macbook..turns out it's the "command" not the "control" button..and holding 2 fingers down can work as a right click..who knew?!)

Thanks to many friendly new faces, I'm feeling a lot less like this guy..  

3 comments:

  1. Nice template Megan! Can't wait to get to know you better! If you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to help!
    ~Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really feeling the same way! I was looking forward to showing my horses this year and Im just thinking I may not have time! And Im worried that I wont get that extra one on one with my husband before he leaves and the he leaves so I hope it doesnt make this crazy course load even more heavy!
    Im sure though that beach days will fit in, somewhere. How bout that Tuesday we have off now?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm feeling similar anxieties as you, but we'll get through it! As a group! I'm looking forward to working with you, and I like your picture! =)

    ReplyDelete